L’Hotel Elan Hong Kong Review | A Home Away From Home
Review: L’Hotel Elan Hong Kong – A Business Hotel That’s Practically a Home Away From Home
If you asked me which one place I wanted to visit most a couple of years ago, I would’ve told you Hong Kong without any hesitation. And who can blame me? Known as one of the most popular destinations in Asia, brimmed with breathtaking scenery and food to absolutely die for, Hong Kong still till this day remains a top choice for me. With the towering skyscrapers and buildings looking like it is built for the future, Hong Kong is the perfect mix of shopping, nightlife, a convenient public transport system and an abundance of bars and restaurants to keep you busy no matter how long you stay.
When it comes to choosing a hotel in this iconic city, you’ll have no shortage of choices. This week I had the privilege of staying at L’Hotel Elan, a hotel that took me by surprise.
The Elan Suite at L'Hotel Elan
The 254 rooms in L’Hotel Elan fall under several different room categories with eight suites and duplexes that stand on floors 31 and 32, and the rest are standard guest rooms. These guest rooms are divided into three separate categories or “zones” as they call it: the blissful zone located on floors 6-20, the comfy zone located on 23-27 and the homey zone situated on floors 28-30.
With 254 superbly comfortable rooms to choose from, the hotel upgraded me to the Elan Suite. It was beyond perfect, with its neutral tones, elegant features and plush King-size bed. The 60 square meter space of exceptional comfort features sliding doors that separate each segment of the room. From the bedroom to the living room, to the bathroom and then the shower so you could keep it open plan if you enjoyed the airy space or close it up if you prefer a little more privacy.
The lighting system is easily controllable by a panel next to your bed, so if you’re like me and you hate getting up after you’re already cosy warm in your sheets to turn off your lights or open the curtains, then these will come quite convenient to you.
The suites floor-to-ceiling windows offered dramatic views of Victoria harbour that would take your breath away during the night.
The Elan suite was unique and just a feast for all the senses. Comfort was what they were going for, and comfort combined with exceptional practicality is what I got. I had a great space to work with an impeccable view of the harbour when I wanted to work and relax like it were home when I needed a break.
In-Room Features and Amenities of the Elan Suite
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Access
- Complimentary mini-bar drinks
- A cupboard stacked with tasty local snacks stylishly packaged – ideal for gifts and souvenirs
- Ergonomic Herman Miller Setu Chair to ensure correct posture when working
- Blu-ray DVD player
- HD LED TV with satellite and cable TV channels
- Personal electronic safe
- Mini Wine Cooler
- Complimentary coffee and tea making facilities
- Electric kettle
- Rain shower and bathtub facilities
- iDocking station with charging facilities
- Cordless phone for travellers
- White tea scented bathroom toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Computer/fax data line
Dining With L'Hotel Elan
L’Hotel Elan features one main restaurant, called Forte, which offers all-day dining. Forte is a buffet-oriented restaurant with semi-buffets provided at lunch and dinner with a restaurant beautifully decorated in black and slate grey tones, mood lighting and airy spacing. The menu showcases the culinary traditions of Asian and Mediterranean, with the focus of catering to all tastes, so it’s incredibly diverse in its offerings. You’ll find everything from steak to sushi, fried rice to quesadillas.
The breakfast buffet for me was only okay. Restaurants who try to master all corners of the world’s cuisines tend to fail in my opinion purely because of the lack of focus, and I found that Forte at L’hotel Elan just proved my point even more which was a little disappointing
Facilities at L'Hotel Elan
Although this hotel is more designed for the business traveller than as a resort, the property offers an impressive array of leisure facilities for guests to enjoy and explore on a rainy day.
Swimming at the Skyline Rooftop Pool
The hotel’s centrepiece and what makes L’Hotel Elan genuinely unique is the rooftop swimming pool that boasts unrivalled views of the cityscape right beneath you. As I dropped my bags off in my suite, I made my way back up to the 35th floor to the pool. The rooftop pool provides the perfect place to relax and enjoy the spectacular panoramic views on a warm afternoon.
The pool is where the hotel disappointed me a little. I couldn’t swim in the pool. Now I know I’m not exactly the tallest girl in the world, but to be able to keep myself from drowning, I had to balance myself on my tiptoes. And this was in the shallow end too! It wasn’t long before I decided to get out, just for my safety.
Twist Gym at L'Hotel Elan
For guests wanting to keep up with their fitness regime while they’re away, the property features a stunning lounge/gym space fully equipped with cardio and weight training equipment plus a Wing Chun dummy and yoga mats. The gym is open to guests 24 hours daily on the top floor directly adjacent to the reception, check-in space.
Guests that stay at L’Hotel Elan enjoy complimentary access to the hotel’s exclusive terrace, designed to provide the ultimate chill-out venue that is both spacious yet cosy. When it’s a beautiful day in Hong Kong, there is no comfier place to be than to be here.
Additional Services and Facilities at L’Hotel Elan
- Hotel to airport limousine transfer service
- Car hire service
- Valet parking
- In-room dining service
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Babysitting service on request
- Air ticket booking and confirmation service
- Photocopying, fax, printing, secretarial and courier services
- Foreign currency exchange
L'Hotel Elan Bottom Line
Hong Kong has so much diversity in terms of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment, but it has lacked a business hotel that caters to the comfort points, until now. Fortunately, the hotel is not just about the looks. Its service levels; its comfort levels; design: topnotch. For a four-star proposition, the property offers excellent value for money to the business traveller; especially compared to what other hotels in the area are charging. The food may not be the winning element in the list, but when you’re in a city surrounded by great food 24 hours a day, none of that matters.
- Comfortable Setting
- Value for Money
- Beautiful Interior Design
- Food lacks quality
- Location may be difficult to find at first
- Swimming pools too deep to swim in
Getting to L'Hotel Elan Hong Kong
L'Hotel Elan Hotel Details
Frequently Asked Questions
L’Hotel Elan has a total of 254 gues accommodations including eight suites and two duplexes. Select from:
- Blissful Zone
- Comfy Zone
- Homy Zone
- Elan Suite
- Elan Duplex
Yes, L’Hotel Elan has one restaurant on the premise: Forte.
Yes, parking is available for guests of L’Hotel Elan
- On-site parking
- Private parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Best Time to Visit Hong Kong
- Best times for shopping: If you want to visit Hong Kong purely for shopping purposes, you’re in luck. Hong Kong is great for shopping all year round, however the best times to get amazing bargains is from July to September. The period after Christmas and before Chinese New Year is also another great period for some decent sales.
- Best times to visit Hong Kong Disneyland: Of course, you wouldn’t want to visit Disneyland during monsoon season, so aim to visit between the months of November and April when the weather is relatively dry and temperatures are comfortable to be in. If you want to avoid the long queues, make sure you avoid visiting during any major holiday too.
- Best times for Hong Kong festivals: If you wanted to visit Hong Kong when it’s most lively and colourful, visit during Chinese New Year which falls between 21 January to 20 February. But keep in mind that the city will be illuminated with excitement and tourists, so it may be a good idea to plan your trip well in advance.
Stay in Touch
Join imjoeyt.com for VIP front row access to exclusive content, regular giveaways & so much more!